PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- As you are making resolutions for the New Year, don't neglect to work on bettering your approach to technology.
Jarrod Maxfield from Necessary Technology on Forest Ave. in Portland visited the MORNING REPORT to offer some tips to make 2013 the year you finally take your understanding of your smartphone or tablet to the next level.
1. Always backup your data
2. Change passwords regularly with two-step authentication
3. Get anti-virus protection...and not the free kind
4. Organize your phone and delete unused apps
5. Learn something new online
6. Spend time off the grid on a technology vacation