Teen saves young sister after nail polish remover causes fire and explosion

4:45 PM, Jun 14, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

SACRAMENTO COUNTY, California (KCRA) -- A 9-year-old Sacramento County girl was rushed to the hospital with second-degree burns when a candle fell onto some spilled nail polish remover, causing an explosion.

It was her 19-year-old brother who jumped into action and saved the child.

"She's like, 'Junior, help me, help,'" Junior Erizondo told KCRA 3 on Thursday, recalling the incident.

He didn't hesitate.

"I was thinking, where's the water at? Where's the water at? And I threw her in the bathtub," Erizondo said. "My hands are burning, but I ain't going to let my little sister burn."

Most Watched Videos