PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Have you ever thought about just how much personal information you have on your computer or smartphone. Are you doing enough to protect that information.
Jarrod Maxfield from Necessary Technnology on Forest Avenue in Portland stopped in on the MORNING REPORT to offer some tips.
Home Computer Safety (PC, Laptop or even Mac)
1. Anti Virus - Free antivirus is not the same.
2. Know what you are doing. Know what site you are visiting, email opening and attachment downloading etc etc
3. Never give out info anyway. Over the phone, email, text etc
Smart Phone Safety:
1. Lost/Stolen phone number one way to be compromised. Use a program like FindMyiPhone/FindmyDroid
2. Unsafe Apps. Read reviews, check on maker for other apps, don't just automatically accept app access when installing.
3. Lock your phone. Simple and effective way to keep people out of your information