Fiona Dunlap's Lobster, Corn Cake & Pea Shoot Salad
Serves: 8 Total Time: 20 minutes
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
½ Cups Yellow Cornmeal
½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
½ teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoon Sugar
1¼ Cups Buttermilk
½ Cup Sparkling Water
1½ Cups Unsalted Butter (3 sticks)
¾ Cup Corn Kernels (fresh or frozen)
Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
1lb Fresh Maine Lobster Meat
7 Cups Pea Shoots
¼ Cup Pumpkin Seed Oil
1. Whisk together first six ingredients in a large bowl. Once combined, add corn kernels
2. In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, sparkling water and egg
3. Whisk dry ingredients while slowly adding wet ingredients
4. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 2 3/8 cups of butter.
5. Whisk ¾ cup melted butter into batter mixture until incorporated; being careful not to over mix.
6. Add lobster meat to remaining melted butter; continue to warm over low heat
7. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; use remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter to grease skillet
8. Spoon batter into skillet to make eight equally sized cakes
9. Let corn cakes cook until browned on the bottom and starting to bubble around the edges; about two minutes. Flip corn cakes with spatula and cook for another minute or until lightly browned.
10. To assemble, place ¾ cup of pea shoots on each plate, top with one corn cake and ¼ cup of lobster. Garnish with a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil.