PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Paul Landry from Fish Bones in Lewiston visited with us for Grilling Week to cook up three dishes.
Here are his recipes:
Grilled Haddock with Vegetables
1 - 8 ounce Haddock or Cod filet
1 sliced lemon
1 ounce white wine
Salt and pepper
2 to 3 springs of Dill
Sliced summer squash
Thick slice tomato
2 ounces garlic olive oil
- Coat a sheet of tinfoil with pan spray or oil. Place half the lemon, a sprig of dill, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of butter in center of foil.
- Place fish on top and repeat lemon, seasoning and butter on top of fish. Add 1 oz of white wine and wrap the fish up in tinfoil.
- Coat sliced vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place coated veggies on grill to char and soften. Cook both sides. Place fish pouch on grill after veggies start cooking.
- The foil pouch should be on a medium hot grill and let the fish poach in the foil wrap for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place veggies and fish on plate and pour butter sauce from foil pouch over the fish. Enjoy!
Grilled Caesar with Shrimp and Scallon Skewer
½ Romaine Heart (Cut lengthwise)
Salt and pepper
1 ounce shaved parmesan cheese
2 ounces Caesar dressing
1 6-inch skewer
2 Jumbo shrimp
2 sea scallops
Dry seasoning mix
- Heat grill to temperature at 350 to 400 degrees.
- Prepare crostinis by slicking French or Italian bread and brushing garlic oil on bread. Grill bread slightly to toast. Remove.
- Place shrimp and scallop on skewer and brush lightly with garlic oil, season with dry seasoning mix and sear on grill for several minutes on each side.
- Cut cleaned romaine heart lengthwise and brush on garlic oil until well-coated. Season with salt and pepper and grill for several minutes, turning after 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place grilled lettuce on plate followed by shrimp/scallop skewer. Assemble crostinis on lettuce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dressing. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Salmon with Grilled Pineapple and Stirfry Vegetables
1 - 6 ounce Salmon Fillet
½ cup teriyaki sauce
1 slice fresh pineapple
1 cup stirfry veggies
¼ cup stirfry sauce
1 ounce Sesame oil
Oil or pan spray for grill
Crispy wontons or chow mein noodles
Cut scallions or chives as garnish
- Heat saute pan or wok until hot and add sesame oil. Heat oil and then add stirfry veggies and toss until seared. Add stirfry sauce and toss again until coated. Remove from heat.
- Prepare salmon by marinating in teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes and then place on heated, oiled grill. Grill salmon flesh side down for 4 minutes and then turn to finish on skin side.
- While salmon cooks, place fresh pineapple on oiled grill and sear fruit on each side until flesh is softened but not overdone.
- Place grilled pineapple on center of plate and top with stirfry veggies. Add salmon and topp with crispy wontons and scallions. Enjoy!