JON GABORIC'S ROASTED SALMON WITH FENNEL, CRAB AND ORANGE SALAD
Jon Gaboric is the Executive Chef at Natalie's at the Camden Harbour Inn. Gaboric is a recent winner of Food Network's "Chef Wanted." His first professional cooking experiences were in Germany and he's also cooked in Texas. Natalie's has earned the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award.
For more information on Natalie's click here: NATALIE'S AT THE CAMDEN HARBOUR INN
Jon Gaboric's Roasted Salmon with Fennel, Crab and Orange Salad
Makes 4 servings
4x 4-6 oz. salmon filet, boneless and skinless
Large fennel bulb, shaved thinly with a mandolin or sharp knife
8 oz fresh crab meat
one whole orange, supremed
one sprig of thyme
3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
juice from one lemon
¼ cup flat parsley, finely chopped
Kosher salt and white pepper
1. In a bowl combine the fennel, orange, crab, parsley. Season with a little olive oil, juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Season the salmon with kosher salt and white pepper, both sides
4. Heat a heavy saute pan on high, pour olive oil into the pan, wait until almost smoking
5. Sear the salmon until brown on one side, turn the filet over and place in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
6. Take the salmon out of the oven, add thyme, squeeze of lemon and butter and baste.
7. Spoon the salad on a plate, place the salmon on top. Add a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.