Don Morrison's Potato & Ham Cakes
2 Cups of chopped Ham
1 Onion, diced
1 Tbs. butter
3 Cups of mashed potatoes
1 bunch of Chives, chopped
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp ground mustard
½ Cup of bread cups
3 Tbs. vegetable oil
1. Sauté onions in butter until transparent.
2. Add chopped ham and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. In large mixing bowl, add cooked ham & onions, egg, mustard, and chives to mashed potatoes. Mix until well blended & salt & pepper to taste.
4. Scoop out ½ cup portions of potato & ham mix and form into tight balls. Roll balls in bread crumbs and flatten to ½- ¾ inch thickness. Place in refrigerator and cool cakes completely.
5. Preheat sauté pan with oil. Once hot, cook cakes until golden brown and flip, cooking opposite side. Place browned cake into preheated oven, 350 degrees.
6. Serve with a salad or applesauce.