DON MORRISON'S SPAGHETTI PIZZA
Don Morrison is the Operations Director of Wayside Food Programs. Wayside has worked for 25 years to increase access to nutritious food for those in need in Southern Maine. Their hunger relief efforts include six free community meal sites, four mobile food pantries, kids healthy snacks program and community gardens. Wayside has just launched its Under One Roof Capital Campaign, which will bring together all operations at one location.
For more information on Wayside Food Programs click here: WAYSIDE FOOD PROGRAMS
A printable version of Don's recipes for Spaghetti Pizza can be found on the 207 Kitchen section of WCSH6.com.
1 pound of raw pizza dough
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 ½ cups of cooked pasta with sauce
½ cup green or red pepper, cut into small strips
½ cup onion, cut into small strips
4-5 mushrooms, cut into thin slices
¾ cup of Italian blend, shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450?
2. Melt butter in pan and add diced garlic. Cook 5-6 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic or butter.
3. Form pizza dough into desired shape, place on pan, and spread melted garlic butter onto dough.
4. Place into preheated oven and cook for 5-6 minutes until crust just starts to brown around the edges.
5. Remove crust from oven and spread pasta and sauce evenly over the crust. Add meatballs (if large, cut into bite size pieces), peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Top with cheese, spreading evenly over the toppings.
6. Place into oven and cook until cheese is melted and starting to brown.