FRESH MAINE WILD BLUEBERRY TART WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 pints fresh Maine blueberries
* 2 tablespoons arrow root, cornstarch or tapioca flour
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 2/3 cup sugar
* Pinch of salt
* 1 cup white chocolate (chips or bark, chunked)
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use vanilla bean paste available through baking supply stores)
* 1/2 pint blueberries
Preheat oven to 375
In food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, vanilla and butter; process until large moist crumbs form.
Transfer dough to a 9" round tart pan with a removable bottom and press into bottom and up sides. Using a fork, prick the bottom of dough. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and set aside. (You could use a prepared pie crust, just place into pan and bake accordingly).
Combine 2 pints of blueberries and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to break down, 3 to 4 minutes.Mix arrow root or cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in small bowl and stir into berries. Add lemon juice and salt. Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken (a minute or so). Remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes. Pour mixture over tart shell.
Melt white chocolate and butter in microwave and mix until smooth. Add sour cream, vanilla bean paste and light brown sugar and mix until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture over berry mixture. Scatter remaining 1/2 pint of blueberries on top. Refrigerate for at least an hour or up to several hours.
Note: if you don't have a tart pan, a standard pie pan OR springform pan will work.